Meat Design Ostrava belongs among the most important events in the Czech Republic and its variety and size makes it also the second largest exhibition of design here.
From Friday to Saturday, the unique location of Dolní Vítkovice exhibited design furniture, home accessories, fashion and jewellery. Furthermore, there was a rich programme of both educational and practical nature offering workshops and seminars.
The audience could meet here some major personalities of design and architecture, not only from the Czech Republic but also from around the world, of which to name for example Studio Najbrt, Jiří Pelcl, Boris Klimek, Lasvit, Michal Riabič and Studio Hermann & Coufal.
For the first time, an international student competition was held with great participation of 47 students from 4 countries. Meat Design Ostrava also included a conference with topics focused on promotion of design and involving design ideas into manufacturing industry in companies of the Moravian-Silesian Region.
In 2019, we also presented the following:
- Art and design stage / artistic projects, lectures and talks /
- Tokyo stage / exhibition of designers and artist from Japan, lectures and workshops
- Green & home stage / furniture, sustainability, housing, workshops and lectures /
- Family zone / child area / montessori play-room / chill out zone for families with kids
- Design market / selection of brands, shopping /
- Gastro stage / gastro selection /
- Official after party / located in Compress hall, DJs /
- Innovative introduction of the Meat Design partners