As part of the 6th Meat Design Ostrava 2020 festival, we are announcing a competition for the best student work. This year will be focused on proposals in the field of utility design. This year’s novelty is the division of categories into Secondary and Higher Education.
The jury will be led by one of the top Czech designers and will include representatives of partner companies, personalities from the ranks of Visegrad partners and a member of the Meat Design Ostrava team.
- The quality of the work
- Presentation quality
The competition will be made up of two rounds. Of all the submitted works in each category, six will be selected, which will be presented within Meat Design Ostrava 2020. The expert jury will then decide on the winners.
- Registration will be made via the Google form, including mandatory attachments, no later than November 1, 2020
- The application, annotation and competition poster will be sent in English
- Poster size B1 in electronic form (in print quality)
- One reference image of the work
- Annotation in English in a maximum length of 500 characters
FIELDS THAT CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION:
- Furniture design
- Glass design
- Industrial Design
- Ceramic design
- Jewelry design
THE WINNER OF THE COMPETITION WILL BE AWARDED:
- Possibility to present the winning work within the Meat Design 2020 program
- Financial reward
Secondary Education Category
Financial reward 200 €
Higher Education Category
Financial reward 400 €
The winner announcement ceremony will take place within the program of the Meat Design Ostrava 2020 festival, on Saturday, November 21, 2020.
After the jury’s deliberation and the selection of winners, there will be a moderated discussion with several members of the jury about the importance of such competitions. In the end, the winners themselves will be announced.
The deadline for applications is November 1, 2020 at midnight.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.